Monday, March 10, 2008

As the days go by and the hair turns grey.


It has been an exciting few weeks...not really but we are keeping busy. Oryn is growing like a weed. She got her first set of shots last week. She took them pretty good. While we were there I weighed her...she came in at a whopping 12 lbs. 5 oz. She is having the exact opposite problem then Makynna had when she was a baby. Oryn's legs are too short for the pants but her belly is too big. On the other hand, Makynna's legs were too long and her belly not big enough. But Oryn is still adorable! We are calling her our serious baby. She is always looking around, taking in everything but only smiles on special occasions(that's what I'm calling them). Oryn hones in on Makynna and just watches her. As of late Oryn has become a mommy suck though. She tends to cry if anyone else but Mommy is holding her. I know there will be a day when she won't be like that so I feel blessed...if that is what you want to call it. Jokes! I am blessed.

Makynna is learning way too fast. She has known her alphabet for awhile now so we got her some white board alphabet cards which she calls "school". She can spend hours drawing on them...but would rather color in the pictures then trace the letter. With time though. She is starting her "I can't like you!" stage. It grates on you after awhile but she always reassures you later that she loves you. I have been getting the brunt of this stage because Scott has a lot going on a work and has put a few long days in. So when Daddy is home Mommy is dirt. The other day I went to her room to get her up and she told me she didn't like me and to leave her room and send Daddy in. Scott was at work so I left and closed the door. She played in her room for another 20 minutes and them came out to tell me that she was grump because Daddy left her with me. So we called Daddy at work and talked for a bit...then Mommy was her best friend. I'll take what I can get.

On Saturday we had the chance to meet Scott's side of the family at the mall for lunch. It was good, Makynna got to visit with all her second cousins. The kids were well behaved and they had a blast too. Scott's Auntie Bonnie and Uncle George were visiting from the Pass. Makynna and Oryn's Great Grandma Boo(Scott's Grandma) and Aunt Daina were out too. And Grandma Ully doted on the girls, as usual. And after the mall Grandma Ully took Makynna for the afternoon so that Scott and I could get a nap...Oryn took one too. Thank heaven for parents! Saturday was a good day!!!

My older sister, Chrissy and her husband, Jake went to Hawaii for a week. So my parents being the wonderful Grandparents they are offered to take their 3 kids. Papa and Di drove down on Thursday to pick the kids up and then drove back on Saturday. After church on Sunday Makynna, Oryn, and I went to Gama and Papa's house to give Daddy the afternoon off(he was pulling a double shift so that he could get some work on the restaurant done). The adults were out numbered. 5 kids and 4 adults. We stayed for dinner, which wasn't a chaotic as I expected. I would have to say we did pretty good. There were no fights or arguments...but Makynna and Daniel became good friends. The decided to play in Gama's laundry room...they emptied half a bottle of liquid detergent on to the floor and proceeded to clean. Papa found them. I cleaned up the kids and Papa cleaned up the laundry room. Poor Papa!

Other then kids, there isn't much to report. We are still getting by. Living each day and loving each other. What more could we ask for...besides a million dollars.

No comments: