Monday, March 31, 2008

A weekend full of fun...and spending money!

I took Makynna and Oryn shopping on Saturday. I wanted to pick up some clothing that actually fit. What a wonderful surprise it was when Sears was having a big sale! I got away with a pair of jeans , a pair of sweat pants, a workout shirt, a nice dressy shirt, a hoodie, and some new underwear...but when shopping for underwear remember to leave your father in-law with the kids. My in-laws met us at the mall. Grandpa was with Makynna to start but while I was trying on cloths she decided she wanted to go for a walk with Grandma and Oryn...Aubrey stayed behind to wait for me. After I decided what I was going to keep for cloths it was off to the panties. Poor guy! Oh well. Anywho, after I finished shopping for me we took a walk around. We stopped at SportCheck so Makynna could look at the bikes. She looked at the red ones...then the blue ones but all by its lonesome was a cute little pink one. Makynna took a fancy to it(the first pink thing she has ever picked out on her own) and it was on sale so I bought it for her. When the guy was unlocking the bike to bring it to the till Makynna almost took the poor guy out. She thought that he was taking her bike away. It was funny. She sat on the bike, very proud while I pulled her through the mall out to the Jeep. A lot of people commented on how cute she looked, and that she was. Now I have to spend some quality time teaching her how to ride a big girl bike. We now have the steering thing down but if anyone has any advice on how to teach a 2 1/2 year old to peddle please let me know.






This was too cute a photo to pass up. Grandpa Ully and Makynna walking in the mall.

Scott surprised me by planning a day of quadding in the mountains with some of our friends this weekend. June, my mother in-law was brave enough to take both kids all day Sunday while we went. We dropped them off at 9 am and set off for the Porcupine Hills. It was a blast!

About 15 minutes into our first trail Scott decide to pin it up a hill...we ended up bouncing off a tree root on to a rock then onto another tree root blowing out our rear right tire. So, we turned around and filled it up (Thanks to Troy for bringing his air compressor!). Then it was back on the trails again. The day was beautiful. Only a few clouds in the sky, a light snow, and a cool breeze which put the temperature around -5 C all day. There was still a lot of snow on the ground, 3 feet in some places. Still it was a good time. It was nice to get out of the house without the little kids and play with the big kids. Thanks Scott for thinking to involve me and getting me out of the house. And thank you, June for making it possible by taking the kids!

I apologize in advance for the quality of the photos...disposable cameras do not take very good pictures.










The boys in all their glory.
From left to right: Scott, Mike Crosswhite, BK Mike, and Troy.

No comments: