Friday, April 6, 2007

Never a dull moment at work

So, tonight at work was crazy! We did Friday sales on a Thursday, with half the staff. Insane. That's not the best part though. So everyone goes home and I am left to finish up the paperwork and to close the place down. Unbeknownst to me, my closing cook emptied the drip trays from the grill tonight (for those of you who aren't sure of what I am talking about they are the trays under a grill that catch all the burnt chunks, any fallen sauce, etc.). Well, apparently all they do when they clean the drip trays is dump them right into the garbage bin. As I am leaving for the evening I walk out the door and smell smoke...then I look over AND THE GARBAGE BIN IS IN FLAMES!!!! It just so happens that our trash storage is also attached to our storage shed. I start to panic and run inside, start filling buckets with water and begin to carry them to the back door. As I go out side again the fire department shows up. One of our friendly neighbours had called. So, I spent another hour waiting to be sure that the grease bins that are also kept in the same area don't catch on fire as well. The fire department was able to put out the blaze without any problems but I got a severe lashing over our disposal procedures. Yippie!!! And that is my story. Now it is time for bed. Scott's alarm goes off in 2 1/2 hours.

No comments: