Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Joys of My Life!

Well, time seems to fly faster than you think it does. Makynna turns 3 next month and Oryn is now 5 1/2 months old. I don't think I have accomplished much this past few months but I know I have done lots. As a family we have enjoyed the sun as well as the rain this season...rain taking up most of it.




I have slowed my picture taking this past month due to 2 wild and busy kids but have managed to capture some of the fun things we have done. One of the most exciting things we did recently was to take a trip up to Red Deer to attend the wedding of a friend I have known since preschool. It was so good to see her and her family as well as meet her husband.




Makynna got to puddle jump for the first time this week. I finally broke down after she asked to play in the rain for 3 weeks straight. She was sick already so no point in keeping her couped up. So, we threw on our rubber boots and headed her outside.


Makynna has a few new passions...1) Blowing bubbles, which I am sure the world would run out of suds if I would let her blow bubbles all day long. 2) Ice cream but really, who doesn't love ice cream?!?! 3) Putting on makeup...and for those of you who know Makynna, this is totally out of character.

Oryn has over come a few mile stones. She is able to sit up on her own...but if she sees something out of her reach, over she goes. Oryn can roll over onto her stomach but hates being there. And the best of all, she is in her own room.

Three weeks ago we started Oryn on rice cereal. She did good for three days then decided that she didn't want anything to do with. So far the only other thing we have tried is pureed carrots...that didn't go over very well either but when she's ready I am sure she'll let us know.

As for everything else life is good. Hectic and stressful at times but good.

2 comments:

KellyLady said...

Such a fun post and I love the new background! Can't believe that Oryn is already that old! Such cuties! Oh and you're in trouble for being in Red Deer and not calling us! Just kidding!

Dian's Blog said...

awww, I can't believe how big oryn is getting:( well i miss you and love you guys:) i have a new blog now that is just mine. just thought you would like to know:) Love you lots